Nintendo Direct: What to Expect in the September 2023 Showcase
Nintendo has announced that the next Nintendo Direct will be held on September 14, 2023, at 3:00 PM PT / 6:00 PM ET. The Direct is expected to focus on games coming to the Nintendo Switch in the winter 2023/spring 2024 season.
Some of the games that could be featured in the Direct include:
- Bayonetta 3: The long-awaited sequel to the popular action game is finally nearing its release. The Direct could provide a new trailer or release date for Bayonetta 3.
- Splatoon 3: The third installment in the popular third-person shooter series is also expected to be released this winter. The Direct could show off new gameplay from Splatoon 3 or reveal a new playable character.
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet: The latest installment in the Pokemon franchise is scheduled to be released in November 2023. The Direct could give fans a first look at the game’s open world or reveal new Pokemon.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2: The sequel to the critically acclaimed open-world adventure game is still in development, but the Direct could provide a new update on its status.
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope: The sequel to the popular tactical RPG is scheduled to be released in October 2023. The Direct could show off new gameplay from Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope or reveal a new story trailer.
In addition to these confirmed games, the Direct could also feature some surprises, such as new games from Nintendo’s first-party studios or third-party partners. Fans are also hoping to see more information about the rumored Switch Pro console.
The Nintendo Direct is a major event for Nintendo fans, and it is always a good opportunity to learn about new games coming to the Switch. Be sure to tune in on September 14th to see what Nintendo has in store!
Here are some other things that could be announced in the Nintendo Direct:
- New details about the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack service.
- New DLC for existing games, such as Animal Crossing: New Horizons or Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- A new Nintendo Direct Mini, which focuses on smaller games and indie titles.
- A surprise announcement of a new game from Nintendo.
The possibilities are endless, and only time will tell what Nintendo has in store for us in the September 2023 Direct.