The Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the Duke Blue Devils will face off on Saturday, September 30, 2023, in a Week 5 college football matchup. The game is scheduled to kick off at 7:30 PM ET and will be televised on ABC.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are coming off a tough loss to Ohio State last week, but they’re still a top-15 team in the country. The Irish have a high-powered offense led by quarterback Tyler Buchner and wide receiver Michael Mayer. The defense is also solid, led by linebacker JD Bertrand.
Duke Blue Devils
The Duke Blue Devils are undefeated and coming off a big win over Kansas last week. The Blue Devils have a balanced offense led by quarterback Sam Hartman and running back Jaylen Coleman. The defense is also solid, led by linebacker Shaka Heyward.
Spread and odds
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are 5.5-point favorites over the Duke Blue Devils, according to the latest odds from SportsLine. The over/under for total points scored is 52.5.
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are -217 favorites on the moneyline, while the Duke Blue Devils are +178 underdogs. This means that a $100 bet on Notre Dame to win would pay out $46.51, while a $100 bet on Duke to win would pay out $178.
Here are some of the most popular props for the Notre Dame vs. Duke game:
- Notre Dame to win by 7-13 points (+225)
- Duke to win by 1-3 points (+300)
- Notre Dame to score over 31 points (-115)
- Duke to score under 21 points (+115)
- Sam Hartman to throw over 300 yards (-115)
- Michael Mayer to catch over 100 yards (+225)
Expert picks and predictions
Here are some expert picks and predictions for the Notre Dame vs. Duke game:
- Sports Illustrated: Notre Dame 28, Duke 24
- CBS Sports: Notre Dame 27, Duke 23
- ESPN: Notre Dame 27, Duke 24
I’m picking Notre Dame to win this game by a close score. The Fighting Irish have more talent on both sides of the ball, and they’re playing at home. However, Duke is a well-coached team, and they’re coming off a lot of momentum. I think this game will come down to a few key plays, and I’m giving the edge to Notre Dame.
Here are a few betting tips for the Notre Dame vs. Duke game:
- Don’t bet on the spread. The spread is very close in this game, and it’s just too risky to bet on a team to win by a certain number of points.
- Consider betting the over. Both teams have explosive offenses, and I think this game will be a high-scoring affair.
- Look for value in the props market. There are a lot of good props available for this game, and you can find some good value if you shop around.
This is a tough game to pick, but I’m going with Notre Dame. The Fighting Irish have more talent on both sides of the ball, and they’re playing at home. However, Duke is a well-coached team, and they’re coming off a lot of momentum. I think this game will come down to a few key plays, and I’m giving the edge to Notre Dame.